Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    The world in 300 acres

    October 9, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Yesterday was a shopping day, where we hit the Mall at Millenia to start the spending. Five minutes after entering we realized we were in the wrong place. It was seeing Prada, Gucci, Louis Vuiton, Hugo Boss etc that made the penny drop, so we quietly exited before they could check our bank balance and biff us out.

    Before we left the premises completely we did make a refreshment stop at The Cheesecake Factory. Oh lordy their cheesecake is good!!! The hershey's double chocolate cheesecake is worth the two hours on the treadmill afterwards.
    Once we were Xmas day full we waddled across the road to the SuperTarget store, where we could shop with our people. I bought a new smartwatch before leaving Jean in Target so that i could hit Best Buy and really make my credit card bleed. Twenty minutes later I had my electronics fix so we headed back to the All Star Movies resort, with a quick stop at the outlet mall of course.

    Today was our first park day, so we were at the resort bus stop before eight and entering Epcot at rope drop.

    First up was Test Track, a race car simulator that's like a giant slot car set, if your slot cars could go 70mph!

    Once that Fastpass was used we had two hours to kill before the next one, so we took a stroll through the World Showcase, a two hour stroll. They have themed areas for quite a few countries and it's done in the grandeur and detail that only Disney can pull off. We even passed a little New Zealand stall selling green lipped mussels and venison.

    It took a good two hours to complete the World Showcase loop and it was time for the next Fastpass, Mission Space. This is a space launch simulator, which is a motion ride. These can be my Achilles heel, as I'm prone to motion sickness. Luckily I didn't barf all over our spacecraft, which made the ride even more fun.

    Following this we rode Spaceship Earth before wandering through more of the park then catching the shuttle to our second Disney hotel.

    Our first Disney hotel, the All Star Movies resort was very nice, wonderfully themed and huge, but this latest one, The Wilderness Lodge, is another level altogether. It's in Disney's deluxe hotels category and a night there would bankrupt most Pacific nations. We've managed to get four nights there, don't ask how. It is epic in the truest sense of the word. It has a stream running through the lobby and a waterfall leading to one of the pools.

    After checking in we kicked back and enjoyed watching the latest thunderstorm from our sixth floor balcony. It's a tough life!

    Tomorrow it's the big one, Magic Kingdom time. Hold on tight kids!
    Read more