Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Malibu

    October 9, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    After an intense week of Disney parks and rides the last two days have been time to take it easy, tiki tour around and do a bit more shopping.

    We are now a few miles away from Disneyland, and things are much less frantic. Having a car also means we can set our own schedule. It also means local Lyft driver tips will plunge.

    Yesterday the Anaheim Plaza, Costco Garden Grove and the Outlets at Orange all received official visits. Money was generously distributed to as many retailers as possible.

    Today we decided to drive on over to Malibu and see if I could run down any Kardashians. Unfortunately someone must have given them a heads-up, as not one sniff of Botox or lip-filler anywhere.

    Malibu oozes money. I've never seen so many exotic cars in such a short space of time. I lost count of Porsches, Bentleys, Ferraris and even McClarens. The residents can't be all bad though, as we passed at least three shops dedicated to dog nutrition and clothing.

    After about an hour of strolling around, trying not to look too out of place, and passing several women who had everything you could have pumped up and overinflated, we got back in the Mustang and hit the freeway bound for Anaheim.

    Apparently every resident of the Greater Los Angeles area was travelling in the same direction, as the 55 mile drive took almost an hour and a half.

    Eventually we pulled back into the Ayres, plugged the Mach E in and hit Taco Bell for more Mexican deliciousness.

    Tomorrow I'm hitting the freeway early heading for Universal Studios Hollywood.
    Read more