Satellite
  • Day 3

    Tamarind Cooking school

    September 27, 2016 in Laos ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Arrived at cooking school and were greeted with a cold fruit tea! Spent the morning visiting a market and saw lots of fruit and veggies I had never heard of before. We also visited the butcher's where meat just sits on the tables, had to hold my nose! We then went to their cooking school out of town via their mini bus. Amazing cooking experience! Cooked river fish in banana leaf, dipping sauce of both roasted tomato and eggplant, lemon grass stuffed with chicken mince, buffalo larb, sticky rice, rice dessert and fruit. We ate mangosteen, a fruit that is new to me but is very tasty! We met an Aussie Stacey Roddick who had been teaching English in Vientiane.
    After the cooking course we had a message for $12! My feet feel very happy!
    We then walked to Big Brother Mouse and we met plenty of eager boys wanting to improve their English. I immediately recognised two boys who I had seen the day before, who I offered help to as he was drawing. Amazing to see him again! We chatted for a long time and I showed them pictures of Loxton and Port Lincoln. Was great to swap stories. Jeck and Jo are studying to be teachers, their English is very good. I showed Jeck how to dimension a face, he likes drawing manga but I encouraged him to find his own style! We have organised to meet again tomorrow and climb the big hill over looking Luang.
    Read more