Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 56

    Day 56 - Koh Chang Wind Storm!

    November 4, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Well, today's scuba trip was postponed because of bad weather. There was no rain but there was a pretty crazy wind storm that started last night and continued on and off all day. The sea was way too rough for a dive. We woke up this morning and the power was out on the whole island (it actually still is but the hotel has a generator running from 6:00pm - 11:00pm). We were still able to enjoy a nice day on the beach. Tim swam and walked on the beach most of the day while I was lazy and laid out in the sun and read all day. Despite the occasional wind gusts (and falling coconuts), it was actually a very pleasant day. We played some chess on the beach, watched one of the most beautiful sunsets of the trip, and then got ready for dinner - red curry with shrimp for me and panang curry with seafood for Tim!! Now we are having a relaxing night.

    The storm is supposed to continue into tomorrow (with some rain added in), but there really isn't a better place to watch a storm than from our covered deck in the sand, or even from our bed that is 15 feet from the water. Hopefully this clears up so we can dive on Monday or, more likely, Tuesday!

    No pictures today because I was trying to save my battery since the power was out and I wasn't sure when I could charge it again.
    Read more