Satellite
  • Day 37

    Bolivian Southwest and Salar de Uyuni

    January 20, 2015 in Bolivia ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Forget all that we said before: best landscapes so far are here!
    Starting the adventure: a Toyota Land cruiser, 200 liters of gasoline, a driver\guide, a cook, an Argentinian guy, a French woman and a thousand kilometers and four days of adventure on the Altiplano at 4000 meters.
    The landscape was absolutely incredible, between prehistoric and the Mars-like dunes...Llamas, condors and hardly any people only ghost towns at 4500 meters, in which first the Inca and later the Spanish were mining for gold, silver and a bunch other minerals that pop out of earth spontaniously, in cities so high that the first Spanish families were unable to have children, because the babies died of altitude...only when the Spanish were changing to local woman, the next generation of exploiters could be born;-)

    We can actually understand the problem....sleeping at night at our camp at 4300 meters is anything but easy...it's was literally breath-taking.

    Ps. Tupiza was the starting point of this trip, and apart from that it was important because Ulf got rid of his 7weeks beard.
    Read more