Satellite
  • Day 113

    We're back!

    April 6, 2015 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 7 °C

    Although hours delayed due to the heavy storms in Europe, our flight back was rather pleasant and calm. touching down in Frankfurt on a cold but beautiful early spring day, it took us only 2 hours with ice and metro until we could finally open the door of our apartment in cologne, from where we had left 107 days ago. it sure felt strange to take off our backpacks for the last time...luckily we have about 6 days left to pretend that the real life hasn't returned yet!
    hoping that the battery of the car is still running ( it does, what a relief), tons of letters to work through, and a massive jetlag to be fought are the challenges...and not to forget, working your way trough thousands of photos, that will always remind us of a dream come true....

    Wrap-up
    Starting at the end of the world in Fire Land, following the Andean range almost 7 thousand kilometers always direction north across glaciers in Argentina , sunburnt valleys in Chile, bitter-cold high plateaus in Bolivia up to 6000 meter high volcanoes in p, passing through the wet mountain landscape in Ecuador and the evergreen mountain ranges of Colombia. walking through enchanted lush rainforests on the most southern coast of the continent, bone-dry deserts in the central coast of Peru and the empty dream beaches of the Galapagos islands. the fascination of elegant Buenos Aires, the dual face if Chile in Valparaiso and santiago, the chaos of La Paz, the charm, elegance and beauty of Arequipa and Lima, the colonial beauty of Cuenca, Quito and Popayan.
    Ximena, David, Pablo's parents, Natalia, Diego, Roxy and her family, Pamela, Caro and Daniel and all our friends and Family who shared part of our trip with us.
    We thank you all and life for letting us get a grip on our time to enjoy being alive!
    Read more