Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    To Logroño

    June 11, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 24 °C

    Well, we left as planned, and none of the people we met decided to get up when we did. The sunrise was beautiful on the Camino! Although, the French ladies passed us about 2 hours in at a food truck where we were resting. The towns were far apart, and we decided to stock up on some food since it is Sunday. It turns out we did not need to be concerned. There were places open at all the towns we passed through: Santos, Torres del Rio, Vianna, and Logroño, where we stopped. We got serenaded by a classical guitarist outside of Torres Del Rio. Then the weather changed and poured down rain as we were walking into Viana, so we had to get out our ponchos. We walked about an hour in the rain.

    We had some good pintxos for lunch in Viana, and then we almost took the bus to Logroño, but we just missed it. When we checked the schedule, we realized we could walk to Logroño before the next bus arrived. My knee almost gave out 100 ft before the hotel. I gave it some rest and walked the rest of the way with some pain. The feast of San Bernabe was starting to wind down, but everyone was still out and enjoying it. 30 k today. Just before Logroño we left the Basque Country and entered La Rioja.
    Read more