Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    The way to Glasgow

    September 17, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ 🌧 15 °C

    So it rained all day today. But we drove thru some of the most beautiful scenery. Due to a popular revolt yesterday, our tour guide Dan decided to find a place we could see some hairy coos. They were all wet from the rain but Sharon was very satisfied!

    We made a visit to Stirling Castle, which I think was my favorite castle of the trip. And then to Deanston Distillery where we got a tour and a chance to sample their whiskeys.
    Because of the rain, our tour guide decided not to go see the Kelpies, but we drove by them. What we saw instead was the Falkirk wheel, a gigantic rotating canal lock gate that is stunning, and we got to see it rotate to bring a tour boat down. Glasgow was wet and rainy, but we did get to see a couple of murals on the drive into town.

    And lastly: I shared a picture of our seats on the flight back the next day. The airline kept on changing planes and bouncing us around so when we checked in on line we were actually separated, but when we got new seat assignments at the airport, and we found that they had actually bumped us up into first class.
    Read more