Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Where I used to live – 40 years ago

    March 18, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Calle Naturalists Arevalo Baca, 13, puerta 8

    Did not manage to get a pic of our windows (too floor) due to the crowds. The door is a LOT more modern than it was. But the building is still there. The street looks quite a bit different. Definitely some buildings have been knocked down and modern ones built in their place. There is an open area opposite, where there is even some play equipment. That definitely wasn't there. Just the walls to the tobacco factory. Unsurprisingly, the shops around were not all the same, though there was still a café/bar on the corner (doing a roaring trade today!). There used to be a photocopy shop downstairs next door. I used it to make some of my first books. Little Limerick books, with illustrations that I photocopied (1 peseta per sheet - soooo cheap!), folded into a book and sold for, I think, 10 pesetas! Pretty sure only Mama and Papa bought them though and I probably made more than two.

    Anyway, yes. Found it. Sparked some memories. And also didn't because the street was so crowded and because it has changed a huge amount.
    Read more