Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Ubud retreat

    March 5, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ 🌧 29 °C

    So we rocked up at Radiantly Alive for a test Vinyassa Flow class and liked the place. Having seen the option, and wanting a physical challenge we decided to get a one week unlimited class pass, and what a surprise we were in for!!

    We secured ourselves a lovely hotel with pool for the week where we spent time between classes.
    Doing such intense work in such a hot and humid place, we found ourselves running out of sports clothes, so we went and bought Bali style yoga outfits.

    The first few days consisted in a series of physical yoga classes which we very much liked. But soon we discovered all these different practices we had never tried and decided to give them a go. We embarked on a 4-5 day totally unexpected whirlwind of self-discovery and energetic fields. It happened to also coimcide with the full moon, which I felt more acutely than usual. There definitely is a stron energy force going on in Ubud.
    Some of the practices we discovered were: Yin Yoga and Yoga Nidra, Himalayan Kriya Yoga, Breathwork, Qi Gong, Embodied Connection, among others. Each and every one of thesr had a distinct and noticeable effect on us, allowing us to really feel, look in, see the shift and work through it. We traveled back into childhood and our life paths together sharing life paths, experiences, feelings, hurt, issues, etc. Laura and I got to know eachother infinitely more, to the core. And what beautiful cores! What a beautiful journey!

    We met up with Kati twice, who happened to have just started her yoga teacher training in Ubud, although we didn't think to make any photos at the time!

    We also happened to meet all sorts of people through the classes, lovely people we connected with, with their own story to share.
    Read more