Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42

    Lunch with guests

    March 13 in England ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    On thursday we had guests over for lunch. Phyllis set up a meeting so I could meet Dr. Alka Patel and Phyllis' business partner Gabe.
    Alka is a GP doctor who manages to get herself out of the system by setting herself up to work with a specific niche of clientelle offering services as a "longevity concierge". She basically offers youthening people's biological age through multiple lifestyle interventions and hacks with very sophisitcated biological age tests pre- and post-intervention.
    During lunch we all had a very interesting conversation about the Social Impact Game and its progression, Alka's expertise and vision, society, healthcare, wellbeing, the experience of being a doctor, etc. After that Alka and I had a chat over coffee where I was able to ask her some key questions about her professional trajectory and her type of practise. It was very eye-opening to learn her astute change of tactic and I received some sound advice from someone who has stepped out and made it for herself quite successfully!

    After that, Phyllis and I walked over the Thames to the National Theatre in South Bank to catch a play. We watched Dear Octopus, a 1938 story of a 4 generation family get-together for the grandparents' golden wedding. It accompanies us through the family dynamics and the issues of each of the components in a very entertaining, pleasant and funny way. The set was a turning set which very ingeniously allowed us to see them interactions in different parts of the house.
    What a treat!
    Read more