Satellite
  • Day 17

    Southampton, UK

    September 16, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Today was an interesting day. I decided not to get off because I had embarks at 11:30 and was expecting a new cabin mate a little after 9. So I got up nice and early to be moved down to the bottom bunk and have everything ready for her when she got here. I then found out that she was not coming into my cabin after all and I have the cabin to myself! After having a sad afternoon or saying goodbye to my cabin mate Naz and the craziness of embarks I got the evening off. Normally even if you want all afternoon doing embarkation you still have to work in the evening. Today however, all 5 of us who did embarkation finished work for the day after the passenger drills. Which finished a bit before 5. During the passenger drills however I heard some interesting news. We had actually gotten two new photographers. One of which nobody had any idea he was coming. Not even our manager. He has no uniform and apparently doesn't speech English very well. A photographer Guil who was had a cabin to himself for a while suddenly had a cabin mate and Chris (the manager) is trying to piece a uniform together for him from bits of uniform he's getting from the other guys. I haven't really talked to him much yet but he seems nice.

    So after drills I got to just go back to my cabin. Video chat Jackson (the boyfriend) for almost an hour. Updating him on the cabin and team changes and then sleep. Getting up for a team meal at a restaurant called Beach House. I had potato skins (amazing), salmon (good) and fudge cake (amazing). Most of the team then headed to Manhattan a bar from some drinks where we listened to the band that was playing for a while.

    I'm now back in my cabin (with no cabin mate!!!) ready for a nice long sleep since I don't start work tomorrow until 12.
    Read more