Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 14

    To the US of A

    8 maja, Stany Zjednoczone ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    We started our day with a breakfast in the dining room of our Fawlty Towers style hotel. I thought about going to cook my own egg (as one of Fawlty's guests had done) but we did get our breakfast eventually - turns out the cook was late to work.

    Jeremy surprised me with a photo stop to take photos of the US snow capped mountains on our way to the ferry between Victoria (Canada) and Port Angeles (USA). Everybody boarding the ferry was bossed around as usual by the US immigration officers and snapped into line very quickly.

    When we got to the US we first drove up Hurricane Ridge to see the beautiful view of the US Olympic Mountains and took some photos in the snow between the pines. There were no fences as they were probably covered by snow, so it's a good thing we didn't slip off the edge.

    As soon as it came to lunchtime, I remembered how hard it is to find something edible in the US that doesn't cost too much. We ended up eating lunch at Wendy's (iconic but fairly awful). To appease me, we went to a grocery store and bought plenty of snacks for the road.

    On our way to Lake Quinault (where we would spend the night), we drove windy roads through the forest. The first stop was Marymere Falls....tbc.
    Czytaj więcej