Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 84

    Still here!

    January 27, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Still in Bruny, it's so beautiful BUT we are ready to leave Tassie...we've still got to see the bay of fires first and then we'll hop on the ferry back to the mainland - depending on when Max finishes up work, we'll probably bring our ferry trip forward a week. We are hoping he'll be able to finish up Thursday so we can get to Hobart Friday morning, get Mav's schoolwork and head up the coast to Bicheno for a night before heading to the Bay of Fires.
    Yesterday we saw an Echidna waddling past our caravan, a big tiger snake in a log near the water, and Mav and Alby both caught flathead out the front of where we're staying!
    Apparently the tiger snakes here don't get the poison in straight away, they've got to make a wound first then wait for the poison to drip into the wound from the back of their throat! (normally poison drips off their fangs) 😵.
    We also had a scorpion on our mat in front of the caravan which was scary - also the jack jumper ants, they are in the top 5 deadliest ants list or something, they can kill! There are a lot around 😩.
    Anywho, looking forward to getting on the ferry again. We are thinking we will head to Torquay or around there where there will hopefully be surf ( poor Max hasn't had good surf since we left home), then Max's parents are going to a vintage caravan show in Vic and we will catch up with them before heading along the great ocean road towards streaky bay. We haven't decided if we'll go to the bottom of W.A or head up the guts and go to Uluru...
    Missing you all!
    Happy birthday for tomorrow Sarah! Xxxx
    Read more