Satellite
  • Day 225

    Bear

    October 21, 2019 in Georgia ⋅ ☀️ 8 °C

    Time to spill the beans.
    We adopted a dog. "Bear" decided to become a travelling dog in Ushguli. We had just returned from lunch in one of the guesthouses, when he showed up with two more adult dogs at our car. As rain and a thunderstorm were approaching, the Kudliks and we had actually planned to leave and find a nice campspot straight away, but Bear made Tom and me stay a little longer. What a cutie!
    When Tom finally convinced me to leave, he ran after the car. And that was it. I persuaded Tom to take him along to see how he would cope with vanlife. We would return to the same spot the next day anyways, so if worst came to worst, the dog would be returned and no harm was done. And Tom said yes!
    Poor Bear went through a bumpy 20min car ride (probably the first in his life) until we reached the Kudliks' campspot in the nice valley behind Ushguli. However, Martin got me so scared, mentioning Bear probably would have a home already, that Tom, Bear and I turned around again to go to the village and find his owner.
    But no one there knew him. Instead, the guesthouse owners encouraged us to take him along, one less stray on the road. Just in case, I left my number behind so that I could be contacted if someone missed him. 3hrs later, we returned to the campspot with the dog. Bear took the drive much better this time and simply snuggled up on my lap.
    From then onwards, he is simply the best puppy ever! He tells us if he has to go out at night, he walks on a lead, he doesn't mind driving, he hasn't chewed on anything he wasn't supposed to yet, he behaved awesomely at the vet and in the city and and and.
    Long story short, I think he chose us to be his family and I couldn't be happier! Thank you Bear for being part of our life now!
    Read more