Satellite
  • Day 86

    Buenos Aires - Tigre

    November 20, 2016 in Argentina ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    On our last day in Buenos Aires we booked a half-day-tour to Tigre. It's a town that lies on a delta. Driving in a boat in the channels was very nice. But that was it with our tour. When our tour was finished at 12 o'clock we decided to stay on our own to see some more of this nice place. Our tour guide (not happy at all about our decision) just wished us 'good luck' and left us behind. But the strange feeling when we went on and where left behind was definitely worth it! River channels, lovely parks and markets are typical and were giving a very relaxt atmosphere. And as we could "barely" recognise amongst all the indigenous people, it is the place where all the people from Buenos Aires calm down at the weekends - it was very crowded. A traditional "Mate Tea" with a straw made of steel, which is famous for Argentina and other countries in South America, couldn't be missed out in this place.

    The four days and five nights in Buenos Aires were short and will be in good memories. Even though, we saw quite a lot! But now it is allready time to leave Argentina and go on the catch a ferry to Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay. But we will be back soon in Argentina, when we visit the Iguazu waterfalls.
    Read more