Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Last Day

    April 21, 2017 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Since our flight was not till 5pm, we had a chance to take the morning easy. Packed EVERYTHING - somehow we ended up with 2 very full suitcases - even after all the diapers used, presents to my cousin out, and extra room for souvenirs.

    We couldn't believe the vacation was over! We saw so much and had a great time experiencing this culture.

    The flight home was long, but Maisie was really great and slept for over 8hrs of the 12hr flight!! And when she was awake, she was a great traveler. As the plane landed, we were relieved at how great Maisie did - BUT THEN in the last 2mins of us taxi-ing, she decided it was the perfect time to vomit all over herself and Steven. We couldn't believe it - I felt so bad for all those people around us that had to smell that as we waited to get off the plane. Silverlining - it was at the end of the flight and we were able to get a change of clothes for them.both before our connecting flight to MSP.

    Overall- it was an amazing trip filled with culture, delicious food, family time, and unexpected turns. We were so lucky to have the opportunity to travel to a great country with the help of family - and all our friends helping us out with taking care of BB, driving us to the airport - and our bosses that let us take a significant time off.
    Read more