Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Day 10- Kailua-Kona, HI

    March 5, 2020 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 72 °F

    This morning the resort offered a free Lei-making class, so off I went! It was fun and easy, and the instructor took some nice pictures. I am going to save it for greeting Dani(and Andrew) at the Hilo airport next week, she said they can last up to two weeks if kept refrigerated. Great use of orchids.... We went to YWAM Kona/University of the Nations, it is only half a mile from the resort. The tour guide never showed up so we drove around the campus and will try again tomorrow. Then we visited a couple of thrift stores(Larry is looking for cheaper Hawaiian shirts) and a quilt shop. Next stop, Larry dropped me off at a nail salon for a pedicure near Kona Brewing Company where he was going to do a Brewery tour and tasting. The salon he dropped me at did not take walk ins, so I walked a short distance down the street to another salon and had a nice relaxing pedicure, then went next door for some sushi before walking over to the Brewery to meet Larry. We went home, had something to eat and then went to the *Gathering* at the YWAM center, a weekly worship and teaching service. It was amazing to be there. When I was in YWAM in 1974, this center was a vision in the hearts of the leadership, and now to be here and see all that is being taught and the huge campus and facilities full of people, it was very moving for me.
    Excited for a "family reunion" tomorrow!
    Read more