Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Day 21-Honolulu

    March 16, 2020 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 77 °F

    We slept in a little after a long day yesterday. Andrew went around the corner to get breakfast from 7-Eleven. He says they have surprisingly good food! Then we went on a tour of Lion Coffee roastery and had a cup of their coffee. It was interesting to see the processing after having gone to Kona's coffee farms. Andrew drove us around some of the sights of Honolulu before we went to the commissary for groceries. Dani and I shopped at the NEX(Naval Exchange) while Andrew got groceries. Larry hung out in the food court, and we all had lunch there. It was now raining, so we went back to A & D's apartment so they could pack for the rest of the week with us - staying at our resort in our 2 bedroom condo. While it rained, we played a great game of Monopoly, American edition that was a lot of fun. Especially because I won!!! At 5:30, the rain had almost stopped so Andrew drove us around a little more, up to a fantastic Lookout where we could see all of Honolulu.
    Andrew prepared a delicious meal of ramen with chicken, pork and vegetables. We had to stop playing to eat then finished the game. Back to our condo, bringing groceries and the kids laundry!
    Read more