Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Day 23-Honolulu

    March 18, 2020 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 75 °F

    Everyone slept a little late, and we woke to sunshine and blue skies. We are finding more closes than places open, but we were able to go for a really nice brunch at Liliha Bakery and then went to Hawaiian Village Plantation. It was a cultural educational center with replica buildings of the many different cultures who lived and worked on sugar cane plantations in the early 1900s. About halfway thru we ran into a docent who was doing a tour for one couple from Britain, and he asked us to join them. He was quite a character who had a lot of good information to share. Then Andrew drove us through some of Honolulu's neighborhoods where he likes to run before heading back to our resort condo so I could fix dinner.
    I have been planning this meal since last November when Dani was home alone for Thanksgiving while Andrew was deployed. I brought pumpkin, cranberry sauce and stuffing mix so I could prepare a turkey dinner for us to share together. I cooked a turkey, and baked a pumpkin pie, we also had mashed potatoes, gravy, and roasted asparagus. It was a special time for all of us. It started raining late in the afternoon, so we watched another movie, "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood". We also did laundry throughout the day. Supposed to be rainy again tomorrow and Andrew has to work tomorrow and Friday.
    Read more