Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    on the road again

    October 20, 2023 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 64 °F

    While Andrew was at work, we packed and cleaned up the house. Then went to the base to pick up Andrew. It was a beautiful sunny day after much rain overnight. It was also cooler. We drove 90 min to Seville, where we will be for 2 nights. This is a beautiful town, the architecture, the greenery....
    but the traffic is a bit challenging. Andrew has adapted well to Spanish driving. He parked the car in an underground downtown garage, and then we walked to the hotel. We are staying in an area where it is very challenging to drive due to very narrow streets. And downtown hotels don't have any parking. The walk was less than 15 min, and I was grateful to see the hotel had an elevator as I was pushing my wheeled carryon suitcase over the cobblestone streets. I did carry it up 2 flights of stairs in the garage. This is such a neat neighborhood, called Barrio Santa Cruz. Andrew says it is one of the largest closely connected, mostly pedestrian areas in Spain. After checking in, we walked around the block to a Flamenco museum. It wasn't very big, then went downstairs to see a real Flamenco show. It was also a small venue, maybe 50 seats, in kind of a basement with exposed brick walls. We weren't allowed to take pics of the dancers, but they were really good. It was an hour show, from 7-8pm, then we strolled through the neighborhood, where everyone was out walking, drinking at bars, just hanging out. We had a 9pm dinner reservation, and the whole area was so crowded. And it was such a pleasant walk to the restaurant and then back to the hotel around 11pm. More of Seville tomorrow!
    Read more