Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Seville day 2 and travel

    October 22, 2023 in Spain ⋅ 🌬 70 °F

    Andrew got up early for a long run while Dani and I slept a little later, then got up to pack. Checking out of Seville today. After stowing our luggage in the car, we did a walking tour of the Real Alcazar- or the royal palace- of Seville. It was unbelievably beautiful and wrll preserved, with three separate palaces. Each was built by a different king, and each was a completely different style of architecture. The ceilings in each room were particularly spectacular. Apparently, there are fantastic gardens, but they were closed due to the rain. It is right next to the Cathedral so I got a daylight pic of the bell tower from yesterday. The tour was a couple of hours, and by the time it was done, it had started raining. We had lunch and then got to the car and headed for or next stop. Andrew and dani have not been farther north than Seville, so this is all new places for them too. We went a little over an hour north to Cordoba, where we will spend one night. Our hotel is across the street from the alcazar here. While Andrew explored a little, Dani and I rested, then we went to a cute hole-in-the-wall restaurant for dinner, and had some Gelato ice cream for dessert.
    More tours tomorrow! And more rain 🌧 in the forecast.
    Read more