Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Next stop Berlin...

    May 3, 2018 in Germany ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    After a much comfier sleep with the whole bed to myself it was our last morning in Amsterdam 🙁 We decided to use today as a morning of recovery from our very busy first 2 days. After a quick stop for brekkie downstairs at the hostel it was time to pack up our suitcases and make a move (our suitcases now struggling to close with our rubber ducks in them).

    With the morning still free we decided to go for a wander around the area near to our hostel, buying our lunch at a local spar shop which we then sat and ate in the sun on a bench overlooking the railway. It was then just a short train journey back into the centre of Amsterdam where we ventured out once again to do some souvenir shopping. There was an hour left until our train so we decided to explore the train station finding walkways we had not yet discovered with shops!!!! Amsterdam is one step ahead of everyone I felt after spotting a contactless fast food dispenser machine 😂 After a relaxing drink at a cafe down one of the walkways it was time to head to platform 10b where we then caught our train from at 14.48pm.

    Praying this train journey would be a lot easier than our first we quickly boarded the train and ran to grab a table seat 😄 SUCCESS! However there was no need to run as the train was quiet and our journey was straightforward with no changes. Luck seems to finally be on our side. After 6 1/2 hours on a train we finally arrived in berlin! First impressions were good!

    Eventually we found our way out of the train station (its massive!) and found the tram we needed to get to our apartment. The signal in Berlin is rubbish so google maps was no help at all. (Probably should of bought good old fashioned paper maps 😂) We managed to just about load a map once we got off the tram however we ended up walking 3 sides of a square instead of a straight line to get to our apartment. However we got there so surely thats all that matters.

    Once we had arrived at our apartment we were overjoyed to find it looked exactly like the photos on air bnb (it feels like the kind of place you should be meditating in) 🙌🏻. By the time we arrived it was getting late and so a quick trip to the shops to grab a pizza for tea was exactly what was needed before bed.
    Read more