Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Loi Suites Puerto Iguazú

    February 13, 2017 in Brazil ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Mon, Feb 13th: We left Santiago and traveled to Puerto Iguazú. You have to fly to Buenos Aires first to get there. Two hour flight to Buenos Aires and then another 1.5 hour flight to Puerto Iguazu. We took about a 20 min bus ride then to our resort. Loi Suites is magical! It looks like you are staying in a tree house - all of the buildings are connected by suspension bridges. The resort is very spacious with lots of public places to relax in. Very open air feel, everything is made of wood. The pool area is amazing! Three separate pools, the middle pool is warmer (where the kids mostly played) and the two infinity pools are much cooler. There is a tiki bar is on the same level overseeing the pool area. We both enjoyed piña coladas and took in the beautiul scenery.

    We opted to go into town, as we expected to be very tired from visting the falls the next day and the weather was supposed to be rainy the next couple of days. It was sunny and warm (low 80s) and very humid the day we arrived. The front desk staff ordered a cab for us, and we met Pablo. Pablo would become our personal cab driver for the remainder of the trip; I downloaded Wassap which is a very easy and popular way to communicate here.

    We grabbed dinner outside Parilla Pizza Color and people watched and relaxed. We window shopped a little, but in all Puerto Iguazu is very touristy and it reminded us of Wisconsin Dells - lots of shops with cheap souvenirs.
    Read more