Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Palermo Soho - Buenos Aires, Argentina

    February 18, 2017 in Argentina ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Sat, Feb 18th: We left Bariloche this day - but before we did, we had to stop at Mamushka which is a local Chilean chocolate store. Bariloche is known to be the chocolate capital of Argentina. Mamushka is said to make the best chocolate in Bariloche so of course we had to stop there.

    We then traveled from Bariloche to Buenos Aires. Goodbye upper 50s and wind and hello mid 80s and sun! At this point we had already connected through Buenos Aires twice, so it was nice to come and stay! We took a quick 20 min cab ride to our Airbnb. It is the perfect location in the heart of Palermo Soho neighborhood - residential neighborhood with lots of shops, restaurants and bars. The apartment exceeded our expectations and the rooms were much larger than we thought. There is also a pool which was something I really wanted, since Buenos Aires is very hot and humid in the Summer (think Atlanta, GA - very similar weather...which I have never been to, but comparing to based on equal distance from the equator).

    We set off right away to check out the neighborhood. We stopped at Plazoleta Julio Cortazar, which had a number of vendor stands up selling homemade items. There was a lot of hustle and bustle of people shopping and enjoying local restaurants. We stopped in at a local bar called Valk Taproom. We enjoyed some tasty empanadas and some IPAs and people watched (since we were exhausted). We also went to The Steve which was also minutes away, which had a cool beer garden and very cool vibe. We were out pretty early compared to what portenos are used to (portenos is slang for locals from Buenos Aires) but we were dead tired and made it an early night knowing we would be busy the next day checking out the city.
    Read more