Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 36

    Great Ocean Road

    February 14, 2018 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 17 °C

    Today we left Melbourne and drove to the great ocean road. We had a photo stop at the gate, and then kept driving enjoying the view.
    We stopped at a café, here I managed to spot a koala. It was sleeping, which they do for 19-23 hours a day.
    There were also a lot of different parrots. Aina and I walked of a bit, and Aina spotted another koala, this one was a bit easier to see. And for about 5 seconds it was awake.
    The koalas were followed by lunch in Apollo Bay. Before going to Mait's rainforest where they have a 30 minute loop walk. So we walked around the forest and saw a lot of beautiful trees.
    After the walk we made our way to the 12 apostles, which used to be called the sow and piglets, but that name doesn't work for a tourist attraction.
    It was loaded with tourist so I walked to Gibson's steps, and managed to find some privacy on the beach.
    Next stop was Loch Ard Gorge a beautiful scar in the limestone cliffs. However I would probably not go swimming there most days as the waves and currents look massive.
    Port Campbell was our final destination so we made it there an hour before dinner time.
    Read more