Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    Adelaide

    February 17, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Free day in Adelaide, what is one to do.?
    Well Emily and I went via the river to the botanic gardens. Right outside the gardens we happened upon a big family of fruit bats taking their sunshine sleep.
    In the gardens we walked around and looked at the beautiful plants and went to the water lily pond and the rainforest house.
    After the gardens we went to the Adelaide Fringe festival for lunch.
    During lunch we spotted Aina who joined us when she was done shopping. We walked around the festival and got lured into seeing a show. It was a juggler who was quite funny in a very offhanded way that appealed to all ages.
    Aina went to the botanic gardens and Emily and I found some gelato and after that a supermarket.
    I went for dinner on my own at an Italian restaurant I saw yesterday.
    At 19:00 we had welcome meeting for 3 new people in our group. They seem nice, will be good to get to know them.
    After the meeting, Aina, Danielle, Emily and I went to a show at the Fringe festival with Baby Wants Candy, an improvised show where the audience select the title. We ended up with "Survivor: Mormons VS Lepers". It was really good.
    Read more