Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 45

    King's Canyon and Uluru

    February 23, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Got up early as we want to do our activities before it gets too hot, we have 40+ in the daytime, I'm loving the heat, but also happy we are not doing a 4 hour walk in that heat.
    We left our camp site in King's Creek to go to King's Canyon, here we did the rim track, a 6 km loop walk, which was really easy after the first 15 minutes with stairs.
    King's Canyon was beautiful, loads of red cliffs in amazing shapes. We also went into the Gardens of Eden, here all the water gets collected when it rains so it's lush and green in the Gardens of Eden where the rest of the area is less green as we are in a semi-arid zone.
    After King's Canyon, we went to pack lunches before driving towards Uluru. We saw wild camels and horses on the drive.
    We stopped at Mount Conner also know as Fuluru as many get to it on the highway and believe they have reached Uluru, but that is another 2 hours down the road.
    Arrived in Yulara township completing my final long drive in the outback, and checked in and went to the supermarket as a final stop before going close to Uluru.
    We got to our campground and quickly put our food in the fridge, and then we went to Uluru to do the Mala walk, a relatively short walk where Cara told us an Aboriginal legend, and taught us about different plants.
    Back at our campground we saw the sunset from a lookout right next to our home.
    After a lovely barbecue dinner with Kangaroo meatballs Aina, Emily, Jasmine, Katha, and I went to see the field of lights, a massive art piece consisting of 50 thousand solar powered colour changing LEDs.
    Read more