Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 44

    King's Creek

    February 22, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    Leaving bright and early was not early enough for us, so we packed the bus at 5 in the morning and hit the road. We stopped as the sun had climbed above the horizon for a few pictures before continuing down the highway.
    We stopped at the border between South Australia and Northern Territory. After that stop we drove 5 minutes to go collect firewood for our dinner, and then we had another hour to drive to Erlunda for lunch.
    On the drive to King's Creek we saw a few wild horses right before making it to our destination. The first of 2 camp sites, and where we will be camping for one night. We will be sleeping under the stars on swags, a mattress inside a mini tent, but as it is summer most people will probably sleep on top of it.
    But before sleeping some of us went quad biking.
    Quad biking was super fun, our guide would speed ahead so we could go at a speed we were comfortable with.
    Katie was leading our group of 6 and she went quite fast, and I was right behind her, literally right behind her, which meant I got super dusty.
    During the drive we reached speeds of 60+ km/h and took sharp turns, climbed cliffs, and drove on gravel where the we really could do sharp turns at higher speeds.
    After quad biking we had a lovely dinner cooked by Cara, and then we relaxed until we went to bed early as we had an early morning the next day.
    Read more