Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 57

    Cruise Time

    March 7, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    The overnight train was pretty good, I didn't sleep through but got a decent amount of sleep via long naps.
    Our train was seriously late so when we got of at Proserpine station we quickly loaded ourselves into a bus that took us to the hostel we will stay at in a couple of days after our two night cruise around the Whitsunday Islands.
    We boarded British Defender and embarked on our cruise in the Whitsunday Islands. The weather was beautiful as we left the marina, and due to a strong wind we set sail. That happened by six of us helping with getting the sail up.
    We sailed towards Hooks Passage as that would be our anchorage for the night, on the way we got a suprise visit from a few showers. Close to our anchoring point we switched back to engine and a few hundred meters from where we wanted to drop anchor the engine died. Luckily the crew fixed it and we got to go for a swim, in stinger suits.
    After the swim we hung out and had a wonderful dinner, and we were not the only ones feasting. At dinner time the sun had already gone down, and swimming around in our light was juvenile Trasher Sharks out hunting for tiny fish.
    Read more