Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 59

    Airlie Beach

    March 9, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Got out of bed and almost immediately went for a snorkeling session. The fish life wasn't as good as yesterday but the corals were a lot better. I did manage to find a few fish as I left the corals and swam to the rocky area.
    After snorkeling, we sat sail to head back to port, I was again volunteering on the winches and for the first time on the trip we got the sails up on one try.
    We were now traveling against the wind, so the ship was leaning hard to starboard and we got some massive sprays up on deck.
    As we were sailing against the wind, we were allowed to drive the boat a little. So Laurens, then Emily, followed by Susanne, and finally me went to the helm and manoeuvred the boat for a bit. Which was very good fun.
    Back at Airlie Beach we got our rooms and everyone went for a shower as we were very salty.
    After lunch a few of us went to a Didgeridoo lesson, it was quite fun, and it was interesting to learn a bit, but it's not for me. After the lesson Aaron showed us that if you lick the bum of a green ant it tastes like lemon, and sure enough it does.
    Read more