Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 211

    Jaipur - Day 1

    March 24 in India ⋅ ☁️ 34 °C

    Ieri, dopo un lungo viaggio da Jodhpur con tappa per visitare Pushkar, siamo arrivati alla sera a Jaipur, conosciuta come la città rosa.
    Quest’oggi siamo andati a visitare per prima cosa il Tempio Galta Ji, conosciuto come tempio delle scimmie, per via delle scimmie che ne risiedono e dedicato a Hanuman e al Dio Sole. Si tratta di un complesso di diversi templi che vengono tutt’oggi ancora utilizzati per le preghiere degli induisti. È possibile vedere anche una vasca dove i credenti si fanno il bagno per purificarsi con l’acqua della montagna adiacente.
    È un bel tempio, che rappresenta molto la cultura indiana.

    Dopo il tempio siamo andari a vedere l’Amber Fort in arenaria rossa e con tanti dettagli artistici Indù, un altro forte molto bello, che fu la residenza dei Maharaja Rajput e delle loro famiglie.

    Siamo poi rientrati a Jaipur centro, passando a vedere da fuori il Jal Mahal, chiamato anche tempio dell’acqua e il Hawa Mahal, chiamato anche il tempio del vento, realizzato in arenaria rossa e rosa.
    Quest’ultimo fu costruito in modo che le donne della famiglia reale potessero osservare le feste di strada senza essere viste dall'esterno.

    La giornata è terminata con un giro di shopping in città, poi la cena e infine siamo andati a vedere il falò per l’apertura dell’ Holy Festival che quest’anno si festeggia al 25.3.2024.
    Questo falò è una rappresentazione di come il bene vince sul male, per via della credenza che ci sta dietro.
    Si dice che c’era questo Dio che aveva un figlio che era molto devoto a Vishnu, rendendo il padre geloso e cattivo di questo rapporto. Un giorno il padre richiedere alla figlia che era immune al fuoco, di bruciare assieme al figlio, così da ucciderlo. Grazie però alla sua devozione per Vishnu, quest’ultimo lo salva dalle fiamme e fa morire la figlia. Questa leggenda rappresenta il bene che vince sul male.

    —————————————————

    Yesterday, after a long journey from Jodhpur with a stop to visit Pushkar, we arrived in the evening in Jaipur, known as the pink city.
    Today we first went to visit the Galta Ji Temple, known as the monkey temple, due to the monkeys that reside there and dedicated to Hanuman and the Sun God. It is a complex of several temples that are still standing today still used for Hindu prayers. It is also possible to see a pool where believers bathe to purify themselves with water from the adjacent mountain.
    It is a beautiful temple, which represents a lot of Indian culture.

    After the temple we went to see the Amber Fort in red sandstone and with many Hindu artistic details, another very beautiful fort, which was the residence of the Rajput Maharajas and their families.

    We then returned to central Jaipur, passing by to see from the outside the Jal Mahal, also called the water temple and the Hawa Mahal, also called the wind temple, made of red and pink sandstone.
    The latter was built so that the women of the royal family could observe the street celebrations without being seen from the outside.

    The day ended with a shopping trip in the city, then dinner and finally we went to see the bonfire for the opening of the Holy Festival which this year will be celebrated on 25.3.2024.
    This bonfire is a representation of how good wins over evil, because of the belief behind it.
    It is said that there was this God who had a son who was very devoted to Vishnu, making the father jealous and evil of this relationship. One day the father asked his daughter that he was immune to fire, to burn together with his son, so as to kill him. However, thanks to his devotion to Vishnu, the latter saves him from the flames and causes his daughter to die. This legend represents the good that wins over the evil.
    Read more