Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 70

    Norweigian Joy - Balcony Suite

    December 15, 2023 in Honduras ⋅ ☁️ 81 °F

    Some photos of room 12868 on the Norwegian Joy. 10 day cruise (no flights). $1,700 room $300 for excursions and wine tasting. Included 2 specialty dinners, alcohol under 15.00, $50 off each excursion, 150 minutes of internet.
    If you cruise I strongly recommend a room with a balcony. Everyday just sitting outside in the relative quiet of the private space was extra nice. Especially when the waves were high, the heat and humidity was up, or just watching the weather, a balcony gives space.
    As a side benefit there was a place to put bathing suits to dry and the occasional hand washing to lay out.
    The cruise was an excellent way to get a brief taste of 7 countries.
    Roatan (the half moon bay side) I would visit for a couple of weeks. And Cayman Island (if the weather was cooler). The others… I think I will skip a return visit.
    Cruising in general -
    Felt very busy. After living in Argentina and Ecuador the cruise made each stop a sprint. This is exactly the thing we want to stop doing now that we are retired. It was fun when we had 2 weeks of vacation, but now we have time and I’d like to take advantage of it.
    We will keep cruising in mind for the future but mostly as a taxi service from continent to continent .
    Read more