Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Eiffel Tower, Paris

    September 2, 2018 in France ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    After a relaxing rest in the park, very Parisian like, we headed over to have a nice stroll through the Champ de Mars, the well-known gardens in front of the Eiffel Tower. What a disappointment, we were horrified at the condition of the gardens. Basically there was very little grass, what little there was was worn down from so much foot traffic and there were dusty dirty paths everywhere. AND the most disgusting toilets we have ever experienced. Not impressed at all and very sad to see it such a state. It was not pleasant to be in.

    So, instead of enjoying a stroll we decided to play French tourists and enjoyed some delicious crepes at a nearby cafe, which ended up being a very nice way to spend the afternoon while waiting for our Eiffle Tower time slot.

    Finally we made our way to the Eiffel Tower and boy were we impressed. It certainly lived up to the anticipation. We took the lift up to the summit and I have to admit the ride up was a bit daunting. We even contemplated not going further than the second level but realised there was no way we could not go all the way to the top. Once we were there it was amazing. The views went on forever. Unfortunately it was too crowded for Brad to get on bended knee and propose again.

    By the time we made our way back down we had only a small wait until the nightly light show began and it was worth the wait. While we have loved the sites we have seen today, we were very happy to finally make our way home and rest our feet. It had been a very long day - but an amazing day. We love Paris.
    Read more