Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Bellagio, Lake Como

    September 9, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Today we decided to head into Bellagio, and we managed to work out the bus schedule, and find the bus stop. We are killing this travelling in a foreign country gig. While Bellagio wasn’t what I expected, I loved the look and feel, and was quite charmed by the place. I almost wish we had booked to stay here as it certainly wasn’t as touristy as I had heard it would be. One of the bonuses for visiting at the very end of their tourist season, I guess.

    We managed to communicate enough with the locals to work out which ferry to catch and hopped on board to enjoy a trip around the famous lake. Our original plan was to hop off at a couple of towns and explore but we decided it was a lovely day to just stay onboard and enjoy the cruise around the lake. It was a great way to see the area and not punish our feet any further.

    We got off back at Bellagio, enjoyed a stroll around the shops, enjoyed a delicious lunch overlooking the lake and checked out the San Giacomo Church, built between 1075 and 1125. We finished the day with a naughty but delicious ice cream sundae and managed to catch the right bus back to our apartment. A wonderful day spent playing tourist.
    Read more