Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 54

    Cafe Prestipino, Catania

    October 22, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Thankfully we woke to a beautiful day and we were ready to explore… after breakfast, of course. We started our day at Café Prestipino with a coffee and a croissant. When you are on a good thing you stick with it. The café is on the corner of our building, and it became our favourite for Catania. We did try a couple of others but we always returned.

    Founded in 1976, this family run café has everything - great location between the Piazza Universita and Piazza del Duomo, amazing range of food, great prices, and the best free snack platter served with our drinks. In fact, one afternoon, we dropped by for a couple of drinks and had so many snacks we did not need dinner. We loved one of the snacks so much we asked if we could buy a bag to take-away and the fabulous staff gave us a bag for free.

    Café Prestipino is open for breakfast through to the late-night suppers and has so much to offer, being a bar, restaurant, bakery, patisserie and gelateria. And we almost tried everything, coffee and pastries for morning tea, afternoon drinks and snacks, take-away hot dinner that came wrapped and tied with a bow, and of course, gelato. They have some amazing flavours we hadn’t seen or tried before, so we did have to go back a couple of times. We would return to Catania just to go back to Café Prestipino. It was a great place to start our day touring the city.
    Read more