Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Vienna

    March 26, 2023 in Austria ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    After a long night and day of flying we have finally arrived in Vienna, ready to start our European adventure. Sadly my first impression is not the best, as at first glance, Vienna is a city of construction and graffiti. It appears some major building, restoration and construction is taking place along the main street of Vienna and many of the smaller roads. In fact we walk out of our apartment into construction. Hopefully once we get a chance to explore further we will get to see and enjoy the historic buildings and sites without this distraction.

    Thankfully we checked into our apartment quickly, freshened up and ventured out to get our bearings. Seeing past the construction and graffiti (we just look up) the buildings are stunning and even the overcast skies didn’t deter from their beauty. Once again we are amazed by the age of these European towns.

    We had a brief stroll around to get a general feel for the place. Being a Sunday afternoon not a lot was open and after a bit of a walk we decided to get our first ice cream for this trip. It wasn’t our usual gelato but instead ice cream, and they certainly had some unique flavours, which of course we tried.

    Even though it was still early we decided to call it a day and get some well needed sleep so we are fresh and ready to hit the streets of Vienna with a vengeance tomorrow.
    Read more