Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 3

    Easter Markets, Vienna

    27 de marzo de 2023, Austria ⋅ ☁️ 6 °C

    After our warm respite from the weather we headed out again to visit the nearby Easter Markets. Having experienced the Christmas markets in Europe we were hoping it would be a similar experience except the dismal weather was keeping everyone away.

    We did manage to tolerate the freezing weather long enough to have a quick look around, buy a pastries to enjoy later and some delicious cheese. It is the most expensive cheese we have ever purchased but thankfully the mixture of basil, pear and pine nuts made it worth it.

    One of the markets featured decorative eggs, eggs, eggs and more eggs with the centre stall displaying hundreds of them. If it wasn’t for the rain I would have spent more time checking them all out. The second Easter market featured more handcrafted items. With both the markets set amongst the historic buildings surrounding them, there was a lot to look at and admire, it is just a pity the rain made it difficult to enjoy. After a brisk walk through we finally gave in to the weather and caught a taxi back to our room to wait out the rain.
    Leer más