Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Volksgarten, Vienna

    March 27, 2023 in Austria ⋅ ☁️ 8 °C

    Even though the skies were overcast and rain was forecast, we knew we had to venture out to see as much of Vienna as possible. What we didn’t take into consideration or expect, was how bitterly cold it got once the rain started.

    We did manage to find our way to the Volksgarten, passing some impressive buildings along the way. Due to construction and some kind of event set up we were unable to get close to the City Hall, which was on our list to check out.

    We did have a brief stop at the Austrian Parliament building and managed to admire and take some photos of the Pallas Athene Fountain while juggling umbrellas being blown inside out by the wind. We can only imagine how impressive this looks in the sunshine.

    We persisted in the bad weather and even had a quick stroll through the Volksgarten, known as the People’s Garden. As part of the Hofburg Palace, the gardens were built over the city fortifications that were destroyed by Napoleon in 1809. Even with the poor weather, we could see how beautiful these gardens will be once all the flowers bloom in Spring.
    Read more