Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 7

    Morning Walk in Melk, Austria

    31 Mart 2023, Avusturya ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    This morning we decided to go for a walk along the Danube River (the second longest river in Europe) below the town. From here we could get the full effect of the majesty of the Melk Abbey sitting high above us. It was interesting seeing the town’s flood marker, showing how high the river’s waters have risen in the past.

    We then enjoyed a late breakfast/morning tea at Mistlbacher Bakery, that has been operating since 1875. My breakfast included a coffee, an orange juice and a Prosecco, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

    We followed this with a look through the Mariä-Himmelfahrt-Kirche church which dates back to 1481. There are some beautiful stained glass windows for a church that is so unassuming from the outside.

    Later in the day we finally experienced blue skies so we headed back out and up to the the Abbey for a few more photos. The stairs are hard work but the photos have been worth the effort. Knowing that the weather tomorrow has been forecast with sunnier periods than today, we put off doing our tour inside the Abbey until tomorrow.

    We returned to the town square for a few afternoon drinks before the weather changed again. Thankfully we made it back to our apartment before the storm struck. Being so close to everything means we can shelter in our apartment and wait out the bad weather in warmth and comfort.

    Dinner tonight included some much needed vegetables which Brad had with trout, and believe it or not I ordered a pizza. Not as good as the Italian pizzas but this did seem to be the pizza joint in town so I had to try it. We had another walk through town to burn some calories before calling it a night.
    Okumaya devam et