Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Bruges, Belgium

    April 21, 2023 in Belgium ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    After a very long travel day and an extra two hours on the bus, we were tired but excited to arrive in Bruges. And best of all the sun was shining so we hit the ground running, knowing that the weather forecast isn’t the best for our time here.

    Bruges is beautiful, and clean, and historic (yes I do seem to say that of every town we have visited so far). And impressive. I think it has knocked Delft off the top of my favourite town list.

    We had a brief walk around before coming across Grote Markt, the Market Square, surrounded with the iconic Bruges buildings, lined with cafes, and with the Belfry of Bruges as the focal point, we had found the perfect spot to sit and have our first Belgium beverages. Well almost the perfect spot. Brad had a touch of “table envy” and was eyeing off a table a few places in front of us. As soon as it was available he asked if we could move, which we did. We were then “christened” by a bird flying past, reminding Brad to be thankful for what he is given.

    And yes, I know we are in the main tourist trap and the drinks weren’t cheap, but the view and the atmosphere was totally worth it. We enjoyed some cheesy garlic bread and a drink while admiring our surroundings, watching the dark clouds roll back in. We made back to our apartment in time to enjoy a night in, ready to really see Bruges tomorrow.
    Read more