Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Keukenhof Garden, Lisse

    April 15, 2023 in the Netherlands ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    The weather hasn’t been very kind to us on our trip so far and the one day I was praying for blue skies, we got it - for the morning at least.

    Our first destination on our ten hour tour today was the famous Keukenhof Gardens, known for its amazing tulip displays. It is only open for two months of the year and has over 1.5 million visitors during that time. Thankfully we were there early before the huge crowds arrived.

    This place is breathtakingly beautiful. We had no idea there were so many different types, shapes and colours of tulips available. It was extensive. The gardens have been so thoughtfully planted with lots of curved garden beds, lush green lawn, floral displays in different pavilions, pathways through lightly wooded areas. It is a masterpiece. There is a windmill you can climb to get views from above of the adjoining tulip fields. It was so hard to not take a photo of every single flower. Mother Nature is phenomenal. We had enough time to stroll around the gardens and enjoy the displays without feeling rushed. We got to really enjoy the beauty of it and this is why Amsterdam is on our travel list.
    Read more