Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    The Long Road to Valencia

    May 12, 2023 in France ⋅ 🌬 18 °C

    Well what a stressful day today has been. We farewelled our lovely apartment in Narbonne with our last French breakfast of crepes and coffee before starting what would turn out to be a long slow delayed trip to Valencia. Today had all the markings that things were going to go our way when our lovely hostess offered us a ride to the train station.

    Alas that was where our good fortune ended. Our train to Barcelona arrived on time but failed to depart as expected. Quite a delay later and the frantic cancelling and rebooking of our connection began. And then we just had to cross our fingers we would make the last connection to Valencia. Thoughts of sleeping in the train station filled my mind so it wasn’t a relaxing ride.

    I did admire the different scenery though as we moved towards the coastal region. There are some very pretty places that would be worth a visit one day.

    Thankfully we made our connection and finally arrived in Valencia (pronounced Valethia) at 11.30pm and after another panic at the thought of a 20 minute walk with our suitcases we finally managed to get a taxi, find our accommodation and collapse with relief that we made it. Hopefully the town is worth the stressful day.
    Read more