Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Bouillon Notre Dame, Dijon

    April 30, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    We had such a lovely walk through the quiet streets before stopping at a very “French” restaurant for lunch. You’d be surprised how many Italian restaurants there have been in France. We had lunch at Bouillon, right outside the L’église Notre-Dame de Dijon church. Eating lunch in the shadows of a church built over 800 years ago made the experience that little bit more special.

    We have made sure we try at least a few of the traditional and recommended dishes for each town we have stopped at and today I had an entree of asparagus vinaigrette and Brad tried a herring fillets dish, both something we hadn’t tried before. For mains I enjoyed a very delicious chicken leg with old fashioned mustard sauce (and chips of course because they come with almost every meal) and Brad enjoyed the fish of the day. We even made room for dessert as we have certainly earned it with all our walking. It was chocolate mousse for me and creme caramel for Brad. It was a very delicious French lunch with a very pretty French view. Life can’t get much better than this.

    We enjoyed a a leisurely stroll home, taking a few more snaps along the way to remind us of our wonderful time in Dijon. Tomorrow we head to Annecy in south-eastern France.
    Read more