Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42

    Day with Family in Paris

    May 5, 2023 in France ⋅ 🌧 13 °C

    Thinking we weren’t going to catch up with Daniel and Alicia until dinner tonight, it was such a lovely surprise getting a message inviting us to join them for breakfast. Of course we didn’t say no! I don’t think I have ever gotten ready so quickly as I was that excited to see them.

    Bad weather had been predicted which was disappointing so we were trying to determine what our plans would be for the day. Thankfully the weather gurus had it wrong and while we enjoyed a very delicious French breakfast catching up with two of our favourite people the skies started to clear. It was such a fabulous feeling seeing them. We have been away from home for such a long time and seeing family from home was very special.

    Even more special was they were quite happy to spend the day with us so we headed off to Paris’s main site, the Eiffel Tower. Even though we have seen her before she is still quite spectacular, especially against the brilliant blue sky. While the weather was good we grabbed a baguette, a bottle of wine and some beers and some lush strawberries for an impromptu picnic in front of the tower. We did forget to get glasses so I’m sure Alicia and I looked so classy drinking wine from the bottle. Alicia got her photo op and we had a lot of fun. There were heaps of people walking around selling wine and beer from their buckets which was such a great idea. We did make a couple of purchases and then our seller asked if he could leave his bucket with us while he had a break. We ended up minding his bucket of alcohol three times which we found quite hilarious. We must have looked trustworthy.
    Read more