Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 44

    Markets at L’Isle Sur La Sorgue, France

    May 7, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    We’ve had a massive day today touring the Provence region of France. We took a tour with a local guide and six other people for a little over ten hours, seeing some pretty spectacular sights. We had beautiful sunshine and blue skies right through to hail, and then back to blue skies to end our day.

    We started off with a stop at the markets at L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, home to the largest outdoor market in the Liberian area within the Provence region. The large Sunday market at L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue is a food market, flea market, and antique market rolled into one so you can buy everything from olives to fine art here. Our first purchase was some luscious looking strawberries that tasted just as amazing as they looked. We were off to a good start. Of course Brad managed sample lots of treats, pastries, local meats and cheeses before buying some bakery items - his favourite treat.

    We even had time to wander into the laneways and admire the pastel coloured buildings before heading back to the bus for our next stop. This is such a pretty town, even filled with the bustling markets, and I’m so glad our guide, Thierry, added this experience to our tour.
    Read more