Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 56

    Tapas Tour of Ronda

    May 19, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Spain is the country of tapas and that is certainly the case here in Ronda. After our successful tapas dinner last night we thought we would try some more taps for lunch and do a bit of a tapas crawls in lieu of a pub crawl. Thank goodness we didn’t decide to do the whole thing at our first stop as it wasn’t the best.

    Our first stop was at La Taberna de Antonio and we ordered what we thought were going to be meat dishes anda mushroom dish. We didn’t realise the meat dishes were just the piece of meat on a bun. Very dry. Thankfully we have ordered one mini burger so managed to get a bit of salad with it. Thankfully the sangrias were good, so much nicer that the versions we have at home in Australia.

    Our next tapas stop was at Bar Casa Moreno which has been operating since 1969. This place was packed with locals which is always a good sign. There are no bells and whistles here and it is fabulous for it. While we still ended up with a couple of mini burgers the meat was moist, the grilled prawns delicious and the drinks refreshing. Still not as good as our dinner the night before but our bellies are full.

    With another storm rolling in we retreated for the afternoon before heading out for dinner, back to Taperia La Flamenka from the night before, for more of the delicious grilled squid, prawns, croquettes and mini burgers. Our host was thrilled to see us return and we reassured him that he has the best tapas in town.
    Read more