Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 76

    Lido il Delphino, Taormina

    June 8, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    With the sky stunningly blue and having seen the main historic sites last time we were here, we decided today was another beach day, especially as we didn’t get to the beach last time we were here. Thankfully the cable cars are back up working and it was a quick trip down to the beach.

    While the beaches here aren’t the white Sandy beaches from home and are instead gritty hot sand and rocks, the waters here are amazing. Turquoise blue and so clear. Oh and freezing cold. We opted for hiring beach chairs again and these have been the dearest ones yet at €40 for two for the day. We plan to stay all day to get our money worth.

    With only a couple days left we are splurging and just enjoying the down time. Settled in our chairs we hit the water, wondering why there weren’t many people swimming. We soon found out as it was molto freddo - very cold. Once we got use to it though it was amazing, floating in the beautiful seas. Once back on our chairs and making sure my legs and feet are covered from top to toe (I am still suffering from sunburn from our last beach day) we spent the day relaxing, reading and enjoying beach side cocktails. This is what we love about the Italian beaches. Brad even got a beachside massage. What a fabulous way to spend our last few days before we fly home.

    We ended our day with a delicious gelato on our way home, with both of us choosing our favourite flavour, amarena, black cherry. Perfect end to the perfect day.
    Read more