Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 78

    Prestipino, Catania

    June 10, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    We have previously spent time in Catania so we are here to just eat, drink and reminisce for the afternoon before flying home tomorrow. We have returned to our favourite cafe from our last trip here, Prestipino. We spent a few hours here last time, soaking up the atmosphere and enjoying the delicious free snacks with our drinks. We are here planning to do so again.

    Prestipino opened in 1972 and is now run by the granddaughter of the original owner. A really nice place and definitely a traditional Sicilian cafe.

    We started with a breakfast brioche with coffee granita for Brad (nowhere near as nice as the Bam Bar) and I had a Cannoli Sicilian which was delicious. It was too early for “drinks” so we slowly enjoyed our brunch while waiting for the polite time to order a beer and a Prosecco.

    Like last time when we ordered our drinks we were given a vast array of complimentary snacks to enjoy with our drinks. We loved the warm cheese and ham balls and the curry snack mix the most. We got so many snacks we didn’t need lunch. And my glass of Prosecco was so big I didn’t need more than two glasses. Brunch, drinks and snacks done, we needed to walk some more to walk it all off.
    Read more