Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 60

    Cerveceria Internacional, Seville

    May 23, 2023 in Spain

    Today was yet another overcast day and as we are saving the “main sites” for a sunny day (fingers crossed it is forecast for tomorrow), we decided to just wander the streets today, walking some of the non tourist back lanes and alleys and just taking it as it comes. We came across this fabulous bar, Cerveceria Internacional that I suggested we stop for a drink at and while Brad was a bit unsure, we ended up spending a couple of hours here enjoying some drinks, tapas and the atmosphere. Sometimes it is the small places away from the main tourist track that give you the best experiences, and this was one of them.

    This place focuses on BEER, but thankfully had a very delicious whole Spanish wine on offer too. The amount of beers on display and available to drink was simply mind blowing. The menu had over 300 to choose from. So we stayed for a few beers and wine and some simple, authentic tapas. Everything was delicious and we enjoyed a chat with a local and the bar staff and had a fantastic afternoon.

    After an afternoon siesta, which we needed, we went to El Pasaje, a tapas restaurant we had passed a few times and heard a guide tell his group it was the place to try as all the locals went there. Sadly it did not live up to the hype and we were very disappointed with the whole experience. We were sat at a table by ourselves at the edge of the laneways and the food was not good. Unfortunately that is all part of trying somewhere new, done will be amazing and done will fall short.
    Read more